Download Area and Links
Vocational training in Europe
- EUROVOLT Materials
- Links/Miscelleanous concerning language education in Europe
- Individualised Jobcoaching at Folkuniversitetet Sweden by Kerstin Namuth, Folkuniversitetet Sweden
- CEDEFOP, the European Training Village (ETV)
The European Centre for the Development of Vocational Training uses the latest available technology to bring professionals the most up to date information in the field of vocational education and training in Europe. The ETV newsletter is an awareness service distributed monthly by Cedefop featuring information on vocational training issues at European level: latest Community legislation and policy, calls for proposals, e-documents, web sites, news, forthcoming events, what's new at ETV and recent Cedefop publications.
- The Euroguidance network is a network of centres across Europe linking together the Careers Guidance systems in Europe. Euroguidance promotes mobility, helping guidance counsellors and individuals to better understand the opportunities available to European citizens throughout Europe.
- Lifelong Learning: are we there yet?
Reflections of an HRD manager, No 1/2007, CEDEFOP
by Roland Spaenhoven, the Human Resources Development Manager at Lanxess NV, a company producing chemicals, rubber and plastics in Antwerp, Flanders, Belgium. See more.
- International Exchanges in education and training
BMBF: Federal Ministry of Education and Research
- Career Guidance and Counselling Glossary
Leonardo Da Vinci Programme Project
Blind and Visually Impaired People
- ValorVIP: Valorisation of project results for blind and Visually Impaired People. It is the aim of the Valor VIP project to distribute, valorise and sustainably utilise project results from Leonardo da Vinci pilot projects (amongst others) in the areas of barrier-free vocational education and training for blind and visually impaired people.
- European Blind Union; the voice of blind and partially sighted people in Europe. Financially supported by DG Employment, Social Affairs and Equal Opportunities of the European Commission. Main office in Paris/France.
Articles, Reports concerning language teaching and learning
- The changing learning landscape. Best practice samples of blended learning concepts by Dieter Kranz, University of Münster, who describes the EUROVOLT VOLL course, English for Students of Social Sciences (Level B 2/C 1) developed by the University of Potsdam, as one example of best practice. In Babylonia 2007/2. Log in: (EUROVOLT for TEACHERS / GUESTS) English for Students of Social Sciences (Level B 2/C 1), click button "Guest"
- LanguageQuest Design and Telecollaboration. July 2006 by Ton Koenraad, Utrecht University of Professional Education, Faculty of Education, The Netherlands. See 'Teaching English with Technology'.
- ECML Blogs Project June 2005
Digital Materials concerning language teaching and learning
- Part of the Pools Project is to produce pools of digital materials to be used during the planned teacher courses. The materials may be used for compiling software and exercises for language teaching.
- Open University Virtual Learning Environment for languages
(on Moodle for French, Spanish, German, Business English etc.)
Guest access to exemplary units/topics.
"Quality Assurance in Language for Specific Purposes"
The project seeks to establish, with the help of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, unified criteria for quality assurance and assessment in learning and teaching Foreign Language for Specific Purposes (LSP) at tertiary-level educational institutions of the pre-accession countries with the aim of contributing to mutual recognition of university degrees and development of credit transfer systems, thereby promoting mobility of students and professionals and the free movement of labour force within Europe.
- EURO PATHS
German version, English version
Fremdsprachenlernen und berufliche Mobilität in Europa. Das Projekt EURO PATHS fördert die Sprachkompetenz von Berufstätigen und entwickelt dafür spezielle Lernprogramme und -materialien. Auf der Website des Projekts finden Sie erste Online-Lernproramme (Dänisch und Finisch), z.B. Dänisch für Mechatroniker.
The BECULT website is a web-based tool for the cultural, linguistic and professional support of trainees in the hotel and catering sector leaving for a working experience abroad. Log in needed!
The tool includes a video based language program, exercises and games, cultural information, communicational tools etc. It is designed for special professional contexts - hotel reception, kitchen and restaurant service. It prepares young people in professional vocational training for a work experience abroad and provides linguistic and cultural support; Finland, France, Germany, Italy and The Netherlands are culturally represented.
In contrast to common foreign language training programs, this is not an introduction into grammar and language structure. This means that BeCult should be used in combination with other language learning methods. Further information: Mikko Turunen, Pirkanmaa College, Tampere, Finland, E-mail: email@example.com
e-tridem.net (supported by Socrates, 2006-2008) is a project based on EU educational Policy that every citizen should develop competence in at least two European languages. A further project aim is to foster 'intercultural learning through new media' and thus contribute to enriched cross-cultural exchanges.
"Certilingua- Mehrsprachigkeit in europäischer Dimension"
Die wirtschaftliche Globalisierung und die fortschreitende europäische Integration erfordern in besonderem Maße die Befähigung junger Menschen, auf hohem Niveau kompetent mit den Anforderungen sprachlicher und kultureller Vielfalt umzugehen und sich auf Mobilität im Zusammenhang mit persönlicher Lebensgestaltung, Weiterbildung und Beruf einzustellen. Das CertiLingua Exzellenzlabel für mehrsprachige, europäische und internationale Kompetenzen führt Schülerinnen und Schüler zu sprachlicher und kultureller Vielfalt und bereitet sie zugleich auf die durch wirtschaftliche Globalisierung und fortschreitende europäische Integration notwendige Mobilität im Zusammenhang mit persönlicher Lebensgestaltung, Weiterbildung und Beruf vor.
Other related projects
- Coming together for Education and Training for Employment The Euro-Mediterranean Partnership`s Education and Training for Employment (MEDA-ETE) project is a regional initiative, implemented as part of the Barcelona process. Education and training have been identified as key tools for promoting economic and social development in the MEDA region and for developing competitive economies in open markets, both of which are key items in the political agendas of the Euro-Mediterranean region countries. The objective of the MEDA-ETE project is to support MEDA partners in the design and implementation of relevant technical and vocational education and training (TVET) policies that can contribute to promoting employment through a regional approach.PLEAD: Program for Legal English Academic Development. PLEAD is an academic program which is being developed to help law faculties provide Legal English training to university law students throughout the world.
- PLEAD is being developed by TransLegal in cooperation with the Boston University School of Law, the Boston University Center for English Language and Orientation Programs, and Cambridge University Press using a Blended learning≠ approach which combines live instruction based on the best-selling coursebook, International Legal English, authored by TransLegal and published by Cambridge University Press, and online self study courses produced by Boston University, TransLegal and Cambridge University Press.
© EUROVOLT via VLE Project 2005-2007